Tee Up In Gym Class
In elementary schools in our community and across the United States, many students are teeing off for the first time thanks to First Tee National School Program, bringing our curriculum to your child’s gym during physical education class. By teaching elementary students First Tee’s Nine Core Values and Nine Healthy Habits, we’re putting them on the course to a healthy and active lifestyle.
First Tee National School Program gives gym teachers and physical educators the tools to get started. We provide the training, junior golf lesson plans, and equipment.
- Create a safe introduction to golf for today’s students and teachers.
- Ensure that golf education meets the same national standards developed by the Society for Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE).
- Help students build character and confidence through the positive personal and social values associated with the game.
- Show students that golf can be a great part of a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Make the positive values of golf a part of the classroom and students’ everyday lives.
First Tee – Tennessee initially launched the NSP program in ten elementary schools in the Nashville area. Since that time, the program has expanded to 75 elementary schools in MNPS, three on post at Fort Campbell, Clarksville, Chattanooga, and the Tri-Cities areas. This has allowed us to reach over 30,000 students in elementary schools. Over time, we hope that some of those students will transition to life skills programs at our program locations: http://<iframe src=”https://www.google.com/maps/d/embed?mid=1ZISD5kWDaQvSLlzcF1NbOIfTTUV232Nw” width=”640″ height=”480″></iframe>