Out of an abundance of caution of the COVID-19 outbreak, The First Tee of Tennessee staff is taking necessary safety precautions to protect our participants, parents, and staff during our classes. We will be adhering to state, local and golf course guidelines, in addition to those outlined below. It is the sole responsibility of each person present to make an informed decision about their attendance of a First Tee of Tennessee class/event. If a player does not feel comfortable attending a class/event based on the guidelines in place below, please reach out to your regional program director and we will issue a full refund for the class. Our priority is to keep everyone as safe as possible and for our classes to be enjoyable for everyone involved.
1. First Tee Staff items required at each program location:
• Hand Sanitizer & Soap, Gloves, Thermometers, Face Masks, Disinfectant Wipes and/or Spray, Paper Towels
2. First Tee Staff & Coaches
• Coaches will be provided masks that must be worn at all times while on each program site.
• Coaches must at all times have sanitizing products with them and must clean all golf equipment, classroom seating, and tables after each usage.
• As the weather permits on a certain day, let’s try to have a much of your respected class outside to promote social distancing
• Coaches will now need to keep a golf clubs with them at all times for demonstration purposes to prevent having to touch the participant’s equipment.
• Before each class and as many times as needed, each coach will emphasis to participants the policies and procedures.
• If accessible coaches will utilize all areas of the golf course practice facility/golf course in itself to limit the number of participants in a group to create social distancing.
• Temperature checks will be given to all staff members as they enter their respected facility. We will use CDC guidelines in determining whether a staff member or coach will be permitted to coach
• Parent Orientations prior to the first class of each session will be sent via email virtually to all parents
• Only staff and participants will be allowed inside of your respected facility unless permitted by the management group of that particular site.
• The clubhouse restrooms will only be available for two participants at a time. The entire class cannot be giving a bathroom break at the same time.
• We will give temperature checks to all participants on their arrival to class. If a participant has a temperature of 100.4 (temperature suggested by CDC guidelines), we cannot have that participant participate in class that day. We will offer that participant a full refund for the class
• Parents/guardians are encouraged to stay for the entirety of their participant/s class. If they cannot parents must return 15 minutes prior to the end of their participant/s class for pickup
• Participants are required to wash or sanitize their hands before and after class activities as well as leaving the restrooms.
• Participants will be required to bring their own water bottles
• Throughout the outside and inside of the facility we will have signage promoting social distancing as required by the CDC
• If a participant is feeling sick he/she will not be penalized for not coming to class. We ask that you let your respected program director know
• We suggest, but will not require participants to wear mask.
• For the foreseeable future, class sizes will have a maximum capacity of 12 participants or less with a 1-4 preferably coach to participant ratio.
These policies and procedures may be amended, changed, updated or deleted based on the course directives, the CDC guidelines and the rules put in place by our state and local government. It is our goal to meet all of these guidelines while still providing the best experience possible. Should you notice one of the policies not being followed, please try and politely resolve the issue with our coaches. Should you not be able to resolve the problem after that contact your regional program director. The First Tee of Tennessee has a zero tolerance policy for participants, parents, and staff who do not adhere to these guidelines, and although we do not foresee this happening, we reserve the right to remove any participant who knowingly and willingly disregard our social distance policies, and that also goes for the parents/guardians. Additionally, should you feel any signs of illness during a class please find a staff member onsite and contact your regions program director immediately.
Players learn values like honesty and responsibility by calling penalties on themselves and reporting their own score. By participating in First Tee, youth are introduced to Nine Core Values which are incorporated throughout the program.Read more
At First Tee, kids and teens are learning to play golf along with life lessons and leadership skills. And it’s making a difference. Our programs are positively impacting youth, their families and their communities.Visit firsttee.org
First Tee offers group lessons to youth up to age 18 regardless of background or previous experience. Our coaches are trained to make kids feel comfortable and assure they have a positive, non-intimidating experience. All we ask is young people come with an open mind and positive attitude.Read more