Out of an abundance of caution of the COVID-19 outbreak, First Tee – Tennessee staff is taking necessary safety precautions to protect our participants, parents, and staff during our classes. We will be adhering to state, local and golf course guidelines, in addition to those outlined below. It is the sole responsibility of each person present to make an informed decision about their attendance of a First Tee – Tennessee class/event. If a player does not feel comfortable attending a class/event based on the guidelines in place below, please reach out to your regional program director and we will issue a full refund for the class. Our priority is to keep everyone as safe as possible and for our classes to be enjoyable for everyone involved.
1. First Tee – Tennessee Staff items required at each program location:
• Hand Sanitizer & Soap, Gloves, Thermometers, Face Masks, Disinfectant Wipes and/or Spray, Paper Towels
2. First Tee – Tennessee Staff & Coaches
• Coaches will be provided masks that must be worn at all times while on each program site.
• Coaches must at all times have sanitizing products with them and must clean all golf equipment, classroom seating, and tables after each usage.
• As the weather permits on a certain day, let’s try to have a much of your respected class outside to promote social distancing
• Coaches will now need to keep a golf clubs with them at all times for demonstration purposes to prevent having to touch the participant’s equipment.
• Before each class and as many times as needed, each coach will emphasis to participants the policies and procedures.
• If accessible coaches will utilize all areas of the golf course practice facility/golf course in itself to limit the number of participants in a group to create social distancing.
• Temperature checks will be given to all staff members as they enter their respected facility. We will use CDC guidelines in determining whether a staff member or coach will be permitted to coach
• Parent Orientations prior to the first class of each session will be sent via email virtually to all parents
• Only staff and participants will be allowed inside of your respected facility unless permitted by the management group of that particular site.
• The clubhouse restrooms will only be available for two participants at a time. The entire class cannot be giving a bathroom break at the same time.
• We will give temperature checks to all participants on their arrival to class. If a participant has a temperature of 100.4 (temperature suggested by CDC guidelines), we cannot have that participant participate in class that day. We will offer that participant a full refund for the class
• Parents/guardians are encouraged to stay for the entirety of their participant/s class. If they cannot parents must return 15 minutes prior to the end of their participant/s class for pickup
• Participants are required to wash or sanitize their hands before and after class activities as well as leaving the restrooms.
• Participants will be required to bring their own water bottles
• Throughout the outside and inside of the facility we will have signage promoting social distancing as required by the CDC
• If a participant is feeling sick he/she will not be penalized for not coming to class. We ask that you let your respected program director know
• We suggest, but will not require participants to wear mask.
• For the foreseeable future, class sizes will have a maximum capacity of 12 participants or less with a 1-4 preferably coach to participant ratio.
These policies and procedures may be amended, changed, updated or deleted based on the course directives, the CDC guidelines and the rules put in place by our state and local government. It is our goal to meet all of these guidelines while still providing the best experience possible. Should you notice one of the policies not being followed, please try and politely resolve the issue with our coaches. Should you not be able to resolve the problem after that contact your regional program director. First Tee – Tennessee has a zero tolerance policy for participants, parents, and staff who do not adhere to these guidelines, and although we do not foresee this happening, we reserve the right to remove any participant who knowingly and willingly disregard our social distance policies, and that also goes for the parents/guardians. Additionally, should you feel any signs of illness during a class please find a staff member onsite and contact your regions program director immediately.
We enable kids and teens to build the strength of character that empowers them through a lifetime of new challenges by seamlessly integrating the game of golf with life skills. We provide active learning experiences that develop inner strength, self-confidence and resilience that kids can carry into everything they set out to accomplish.Read more
Experiences are our greatest teacher. We believe in developing the ones that are just as fun as they are meaningful, where kids feel excited to grow, safe to fail, and better equipped for whatever comes their way next. With proven results, we aim to help kids become better versions of themselves while enriching the communities around us.Learn more
We work to actively create a space of belonging for every kid - no matter what walk of life. We offer programs for kids and teens up to age 18. We help kids discover what’s inside of them, guide them to strengthen it, and mentor them to put it into action in everything they do.Read more